Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you believe in criminal rehabilitation and reform?

?????

I personally think this is one of the reasons why our system is so screwed up and society is so doomed. What happened is some good hearted, yet stupid, gutless, naive beyond belief, Jesus-loves-us-all, emo lambs thought the world is so good, there are so many little lovely pink flowers and cute rainbow-colored ribbons everywhere, that criminals are just misled people who can be made good with a heart-shaped chocolate cake baked with all your love. Let's all sing holding hands!

Like I said in another thread, bad guys only turn good in fairy tales ? and that's not all of them anyways. If somebody is evil, or screwed / sick / spoiled / whatever-euphemism-for-evil-you-want enough to kill people, he/she should be thrown into a dungeon forever. We don't want that kind of shit walking around our streets, killing our doods, do we? If he was bad enough to kill, he's bad enough to kill again, and he'll be even more motivated if you piss him off with a few years in "rehabilitation" ?♢_♢⌐ .

And look at today's jails. My goodness, those are frigging free resorts! They're using good people's tax money to make criminals' lives better, oooohhhh I'm so moved I'm gonna cry, this is better than the Care Bears. Stupid shit, build a goddamned dungeon and throw all the crap in there for fuck's sake! Jails exist to protect good people from shitty people, not the other way! A terrorist kills your son and you pay taxes to give him larger cells, TV, and "human rights" (nevermind your son no longer has any "human" or "rights" so to speak). Emo power!

The world is really screwed up.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ September 29, 2005 11:43 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Care to explain why?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The reasons jails were put there is to rehabiltate. Not everyone in there has killed people. Some are there for many other little things that just added up. It's just that the system in place is the worst idea yet. You have someone go in there generally sorry, be ass-raped by some guy named bubba for 3-5 years and this will make them better how? I think solatairy confinement is a much better idea and you'd need less guards. Twice a day you get fed and 5 or 6 let out in the yard at once. No real chance of gangs getting together, plotting stuff, selling smaller inmates for cancer sticks, etc. I don't like the idea of killing them though because it's hypocritical to kill a criminal to send the message that it's wrong to kill or steal or whatever they have done. However, i hate the idea of them getting life in prison because as wise mentioned, it's like a freaking spa. you make everyone that you've already hurt, through whatever it is you've done, pay for you to get food and a place to sleep. its aggravating because there is no real cheap humane way to find a solution, but we can't sink to the level of thinking that we can kill them just because they've hurt us.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never said I'd give them death penalty, after thinking over the issue for awhile I came to the conclusion an ugly jail is better, as they suffer more, thus pay better and experiment what they've caused.

And of course, today's jails are ok for minor things, but I'd send murderers and terrorists to ugly, cheap dungeons where they can't see the light of the sun, and keeping them separate will be a good idea as you said. Food and health care granted - as long as they work 12 hours a day for it. And no getting out. Ever.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you want dungeons then send em to a medieval festival. They can be locked up in that wooden thing in public while being pelted with rotten fruit and vegitables [img]tongue.gif[/img] Other than that I'm not really sure how they can be rehabitilated. What usable skills can they be taught in there? Isn't that what school is for?

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hypocritical post there.